Official Party Thread: LegendaryLAN Fall 2012

• Legendary LAN 2023 is a wrap! Thanks to our 49 attendees! Until next year...
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Post here with any thoughts on the newly announced LegendaryLAN Fall 2012 on November 2-3, 2012!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congrats to para, aC and myself on earning 1 marathon point at the Spring LAN for finishing in the top 3 for our online boiloff.  Congrats to aC for taking home the W, and earning an extra swag raffle ticket.

Anonymous
    Inactive

***From the email just sent out – REGISTRATION FOR THE LAN IS NOW OPEN!***

Believe it or not we're only a month and a few days out from the next LAN on November 2 – 3, 2012.  The website is now open for sign-ups!

To the several people on the distribution who have never attended a LAN party or are new to the distribution list – welcome and I hope you can join us!  This LAN party started a few years ago as an excuse to get a group of friends together who scattered into different places after college and has been steadily growing ever since as more and more folks joined in.  We hold 2 LAN's a year, in the spring and the fall.  Its been a nice way to re-connect with old friends, and make new ones.  I realize most of you know the drill by now, but for the sake of those who are new, below are some links to our website, containing all the info and the things you can expect to see if you decide to attend:

1.  Legendarylan.com – go here to SIGN UP.  Registration link is on the left side of the screen under 'My Events' after logging in with your account.  You are not confirmed until you have signed up and selected a seat.  (Due to limited space – 37 seats:  Please only do so if you are a CONFIRMED DEFINITE for the FULL party – Friday-only or Saturday-only attendees will have a chance to signup in a couple weeks if we do not fill up).  Be sure to grab a seat early as we expect them to fill quickly.

2.  LAN Information – go here to read about our plans for the fall LAN, our unique LAN format, schedule, tourney line-up, prizes, and what to bring / what not to bring.  We will be updating this leading up to LAN-day, so be sure to check back for updates.  Rather than typing everything out here, this page contains everything you need to know!  PLEASE READ before coming!  We have some new and exciting things planned, a few being:

-dedicated servers for each tourney game
    -A new Team Fortress 2 tourney
    -Upgrading our classic CS:Source Boiloff to the new CS:GO
    -Giving attendees more control over which tourneys are done first through votes
    -A “retro gaming” mystery tourney which will be completely different than anything we've done before
    -Increased pool of raffle giveaways and swag
    And…as always…
    -Plenty of friendly camaraderie, caffeine-induced witty banter, our unique party format, a laid back “no-need-to-be-hardcore” vibe, and great stories and memories

PLEASE NOTE:  Due to increased cost related to things generally being more expensive and increased cost related to our larger attendee count for this LAN, we've decided to up the entry fee slightly to $15.  Please let me know if this is a problem for anybody and we can work something out.

Expect to hear from us again as we get closer to the event, with additional pre-LAN tourneys and other reminders.  As of now we are tentatively planning our next CS:GO pre-LAN tourney for this Wednesday 9/26 at 9PM

Also, be sure to check out the new promo video on the front page from the spring LAN – its tremendous as usual, thanks Saraco!

The team is hard at work making sure this is going to be our best and biggest LAN yet!  See you soon,

LegendaryLAN Team (Mike, Franco, Nate, Saraco, JD, Rosen, Tanner, Chris, Brian, Jon, Dave, DD, and Kenton)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘LegendaryLAN’ is closed to new topics and replies.