Unreal Tournament Graphics Tweak

• Legendary LAN 2023 is a wrap! Thanks to our 49 attendees! Until next year...
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys,

So, I found a pretty cool forum post on UT99.org that walks you through downloading an updated texture pack and also some configuration tweaks for the game.  I tested this out and I can now run the game at higher resolutions (1920×1080 for me) and the game seems to look, sound, and run much better.

Check it out at http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373  🙂

SirLemming
    Participant

If there's one thing we love, it's incredibly customizable games!  Not only do they allow for some great mods, but they usually survive the tide of ever-changing technology much better than games that are locked down.  UT99 is definitely one of those.  Anyone who can edit a file in Notepad can get it to run in HD even though it came out more than 10 years ago.

I use the texture pack on my own PC and it's definitely awesome, although for the LAN parties I use a separate copy with no mods, just to make sure it doesn't serve those huge textures to some of the older computers in the room.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you know if a client can have the texture pack running while the one hosting the server does not?  Was thinking we could make it optional for folks – don't know if that's an option or not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘LegendaryLAN Tournaments’ is closed to new topics and replies.