- Legendary LAN 2020 registration open! First Pre-LAN Boiloff Tournament Scheduled for Sunday October 25, 8:30 PM EST
Event: Legendary LAN 2020 Created by Tycho
Don't game regularly? Not good at any of the latest games? Never been to a LAN party? That's ok! Legendary LAN is a LAN event with an emphasis on social interaction, fun for everyone, and a welcoming environment for newcomers.
Our goal is to create a truly legendary LAN party experience in the spirit of the golden age of LAN's.
November 13, 2020 7:00 pm(America/New_York)
26 out of 40Participants
Game formatBest of 1
So What's a LAN Party Anyways?
In brief, a LAN Party is a gathering of people who all bring their computers, play video games together on a network, and eat nachos. The first thing people (usually parents or spouses) immediately ask is: Why would you want to do that? A computer is an expensive (and heavy) piece of precision electronics, one whose performance is negatively impacted by the accidental introduction of nacho cheese. But the fact is, a LAN Party is the most fun you can have with your machine.
You're Joking, Right?
No, really. Let's assume that you're a computer gamer and you're playing against somebody in a vicious game of deathmatch. You just lept out of a shadow, jumped down behind him, ducked an incoming rocket, and removed his head with a double-barreled shotgun. To celebrate your victory at a LAN party, you'd:
- savor the expression of anguish on his face
- high-five your teammates
- sing a rousing chorus of, "Who's yo daddy?"
- announce that he couldn't kill you if you were on life support
- begin the smack talk for the inevitable rematch
- Checking your email
- PUBG - Party-opener boiloff tournament ($30 on Steam)
- Diabotical - twitch shooter, team-based (free on Epic)
- Halo: Combat Evolved - old-school shooter ($10 on Steam)
- League of Legends: Team Fight Tactics - MOBA (free online)
- Whiffle-blasters - 1v1 ongoing tournament throughout LAN (beta keys given out at LAN)
- Trivia Murder Party - trivia with a twist! (free at LAN)
However, we WILL be having our traditional marathon competition across all of our tournaments! The top 3 finishers will be awarded our traditional trophies, which will be shipped to them.
- A PC! (spares are available upon request if you do not own one capable of gaming)
- A power strip.
- Monitor (if over 34in, please clear it with the admins first)
- Sleeping bag if you are staying the night
- Toiletries - deodorant helps minimize nerd stink.
- Any drinks (non-alcoholic ONLY) or food you want to have (some also available at LAN)
- Your LAN fee if not pre-paid ($25)
- Working headset with microphone
- Mouse and keyboard
- You can bring your own chair if you wish to game on home turf
- Speakers - headsets only for sound please
- Alcoholic beverages (some younger gamers attending), porn, drugs, hacks
|place 1 :||LAN Champion, 1st place Trophy|
|place 2 :||2nd Place Trophy|
|place 3 :||3rd Place Trophy|
|2||Dan Besch (eeezFly)||0||0||0||0|